Wednesday 24 November 2010

Four Years and the Perils of Cold Weather


Today it is four years since I posted my first post on this blog. I just wanted to let you know and say that I am, after all that has happened, quite proud. I know it is slower now, but that doesn't mean I will close the blog.


I thought I should address another issue, while I am here. I have thought a lot about why I chose the picture for the last blogpost. Why did I take a picture of a naked woman in snow? The truth is that I have a thing about snow and cold weather.


Don't get me wrong. I don't like it. Snow can be beautiful and fun, but I don't enjoy freezing and being miserable in cold weather. What is it that attracts, then? I don't really know. But there is something fascinating about being forced into the cold, and especially when you are exposed and vulnerable. Being forced to pull down knickers in the outdoors and get a spanking, or being stripped naked and bound and marched in weather you would need a good jacket to endure, are things that crops up in my fantasies and stories.


There is something about the utter unpleasantness of it. If you walk out into the cold autumn and you feel the wind through your jacket and sweaters, it is a strange and terrifying, but yet exciting, thought that it would be so much worse to naked in that weather.


Maybe it is one of those things that you know you would survive, at least for some time, but that would be terribly unpleasant. And thus something that could be done to you, if someone had the power to punish you. Maybe it is the utter vulnerability, the sense of being outdoors, being exposed and unprotected. I don't really know.



I have had a hard time explaining this to myself. A lot of other things may be traced back to something pleasurable. Spanking includes intimacy, and there is a clear connection between pleasure and pain that gets exciting when you think about someone controlling that for you. All this about being bound and enslaved is not that strange to understand, after all (well I have been fretting about it on the blog, but I do see the logic in it). Being looked at, and being looked at without clothes, is something nice, at least if you are desired. And being a slave holds a lot of promises of pleasures, and without the burden of responsibility.


But being cold? Being marched naked into the snow? There are few things that are so utterly unarousing (new word) than freezing. It must have something to do with the utter helplessness and vulnerability.


I remember watching some film clip on the Web where some woman who was quite tied up and gagged and very naked was taken out into the snow and even pelted with snowballs. I remember feeling shocked at the sheer meanness of it all. But, then, there was this strange excitement. And when I had seen it I began to include it in my fantasies and I began to let it happen to me (in my mind, of course). I guess, though, that it ties in with older fantasies about being outdoors and risking being seen or, actually, being seen.


Never mind, I just wanted to write about this and welcome any input from you, Dear Readers.



16 comments:

Lily said...

Actually, I find it arousing ... partly because it's simply very, highly sensual to feel the air on one's naked skin ... however, there's definitely also an element of vulnerability, as you say, combined with the innocence of being naked 'en plein air'. And when one adds the elements of trust in sharing these experiences with another -- then it does become sexual, too ... after all, where is the delineation between sensual experience and sexual feelings? Well worth exploring ...

Janice said...

Dear Lily, thank you for your comment. I have to say, though, that there is a difference between, say a cool wind or a soft wind on naked skin, very sensual, I agree, and the biting coldness of a winter wind, the kind that seems to cut through to the bones, and that is what I am thinking when I see naked girls in the snow. Otherwise I think you are spot on.

Hugs

Janice

Lily said...

Dear Janice - thank you for answering me here and now!

Harsh winds, I at least know, are that much more biting cold than snow itself - and I'll have to respect your experiences there, too ... *wink*!

Also - congratulations on four years of blogging here - congratulatory hugs and more :D

Oxbridgeman said...

Janice, I have the essentially the same reactions. I would hate to endure it, and I think it would be cruel to make someone else do it, especially a lady I love, but I also find it arousing and intriguing. Here's an image. Your lover takes you to a forest, asks you to strip naked, ties you to a tree, kisses you and walks away. You know he's your lover. You know he won't do you any real harm. Yet there is that deep fear that he may not come back if he chooses. You have no choice but to endure the cold on your bared body and icy snow on your feet until he chooses to grant you relief. It is another example of the excitement that comes from helpless fear.

Paul said...

Janice, it's not something that I would do to the woman I love.
Yet many photographers take their nude models into the snow, the models 'seem' to enjoy it.
Yet snow scenery can be extraordinarily beautiful.
Not to the point, oh well!
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.

PS if you've been out in the snow naked, warm hugs are just what you need. LOL

Anonymous said...

Dear Janice: although it is not one of my main fantasies, and i never thought about it, i agree that forcing a woman to stand naked on the snow, can be very arousing. The feeling of being forced, of being helpless, vulnerable, humillated, opens many posibilities to this kind of situation. Forced to stand naked on open air, you are not in control of your life anymore, your submission it's complete, and you can show it to everybody. You can write many evolutions, from this point on.

Harm hugh,

L.

sixofthebest said...

Congratulations Janice, on your four years of blogging. Let me wish you to have your knickers taken down, and given 'six of the best strokes of a my cane on your voluptous bare bottom.

Nikolai said...

Your thoughts on the cold reminded me of a time I suffered cold misery unlike any before or since. On cold, windy night in November I was the bow lookout on the training ship as we sailing into New York harbor. I've never been so miserable in my life. I believe beside the cold wind that ripped right through me, it was the complete lack of control to improve my situation until I was relieved. I couldn't leave my post, I couldn't duck behind something out of the wind, I had to maintain my lookout as best I could. Perhaps subconsciously it was the five people on the relatively warm bridge seeing but unconcerned with my plight (even though 3 of them would do their hour in my place).

I've been in colder weather, I've been in more brutal winds, but at those times, I had the power to try to improve my condition. I believe it was the lack of control that made the watch much worse. I had a captain once who remarked his sea sickness went away when he got command since he could order the course altered to improve the ride.

I can see the naked household slave girls lining the walk from the door to coach awaiting the master's departure. Standing in snow as the wind whips their flesh, their hearts leap when the master appears at the door but he lingers just inside the warm house saying his goodbyes. His property stand their posts even as the cold pervades their very core knowing their presence will be unacknowledged but their failure won't go unpunished. Each scheming a chore to perform near the hearth.

Anonymous said...

Janice, I am glad to see that you have returned.

The contrast of cold and heat for the lady -- especially experienced at the same time -- has always intrigued me. While outdoor winter play is usually impractical (for the same reason as outdoor summer play), filling her bra and panties with ice, or placing her feet in ice water, or seating her in a bowl of ice water, are delightful diversions. She is in distress, but, as others have pointed out, it is temporary -- it is play. She wishes for warmth ... and a warming she will have, with a smart spanking, or a vibrator, or a dunking in very warm (not quite hot) water.

I should mention that a brief late night barefoot walk on a snowy walkway is invigorating (so I am told). The footprints are charming -- and must puzzle anyone else who sees them.

Andres

Janice said...

Dear Lily, my experience is quite mundane, though... :-)

Dear Oxbridgeman, that scenario appeals to me...very cruel, but also quite...intriguing.

Dear Paul, thank you for your comment, I am too unadventurous to go out naked in the snow... :-)

Dear L, yes, I think that's the point, loss of control and vulnerability. Warm hugs appreciated... :-)

Dear Sixofthebest, you are only too kind when wishing my bottom to be caned like that...although it is not particularly voluptuous.

Dear Nikolai, thank you ever so much for this little story, I loved to hear it and I think you are spot on. I might take up that idea of the naked servants waiting for the lord, I like that.

Dear Andres, your cruelty is exquisite. Swimming in cold water is invigorating, but afterwards... :-)

Dear Michael, thank you for the pictures. I have found that I am not completely alone with my fascination for cold weather and nudity.

Hugs

Janice

Nikolai said...

I'm so glad you found the story useful. And I hope you do use the naked servants awaiting their master. My own imagination doesn't normally run toward slaves and master but I do like coming here to be led astray, so to speak.

Anonymous said...

"The truth is that I have a thing about snow and cold weather.".......this weeks of all weeks, be careful what you wish for!!!!

I've had my pants taken down outdoors on a very cold Christmas, the belting on my bare bottom that followed warmed me up but if you wonder if it hurts more in the cold, it does...once again, be careful..

4 years, well done.

R

Anonymous said...

"The truth is that I have a thing about snow and cold weather.".......this weeks of all weeks, be careful what you wish for!!!!

I've had my pants taken down outdoors on a very cold Christmas, the belting on my bare bottom that followed warmed me up but if you wonder if it hurts more in the cold, it does...once again, be careful..

4 years, well done.

R

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I enjoy reading about slave punishment of black women aswell as Holocaust punishment with the exception of death. I'm a black man who love the twisted mind of white imagination. The Germans forced many nude women to endure the elements. It was said Coleen Stan a lady
who was held captive in red bluff California for 7 years was whipped outdoors which adds to the humiliation while Cameron Hooker's wife looked on.

Janice said...

Dear Anonymous, I am sure imagination doesn't respect race boundaries, and that there is not much difference between white and black fantasies. We can only be true to our imagination, and that is what is important here.

Hugs

Janice

Anonymous said...

WHILE PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT RACES MAY SHARE MANY SIMILARITIES BASED ON THE HUMAN EXPERIENCE THERE ARE DIFFERENCES. PEOPLE HAVE UNIQUE AND DISTINCTIVE CULTURAL PERSONALITIES DERIVED FROM THERE ACCUMULATED AND COLLECTIVE HISTORY. THERE ARE DEFINITELY THINGS THAT CLEARLY CHARACTERIZE THE WHITE CULTURAL PATTERNS EVEN IN ITS DIVERSITY. THERE ARE THINGS,THOUGHTS ACTIVITIES, AND IDEAS GENERALLY PRACTICED MORE REGULARLY BY PARTICULAR GROUPS. THE RULE SUPERCEDES THE EXCEPTION. SO WHILE THERE ARE BLACK PEOPLE WHO ENGAGE IN BDSM AND ENJOY EROTIC CORPORAL FANTASIES IT IS ALOT MORE COMMON AMONG WHITE PEOPLE. WHEN I SEEK OUT THE EXCITEMENT AND INTENSE INDULGENCE OF CORPORAL PUNISHMENT IN GREAT DETAIL I TEND TO FIND IT IN WHITE ENVIRONMENTS. EVEN IN SPANKINGTUBE THE MINORITY IS ALWAYS BLACK.