Tuesday 6 May 2008

I Am Back

I am sure you didn't have time to miss me. I have had a busy but lovely time. Now, I am back. I will have to apologise for this blog entry will be very short. I have not had time to prepare anything for the blog, so I will just have to say hello, dear readers, it is good to be back and I haven't lost my desire for writing.


I don't regularly feature things by others, selfish, as I am but this time I would want to direct your attention to one of the most brilliant musicians of today. This artist is not just a cracking composer but also a good poet. Read the lyrics to a song called Time and listen to it here! The artist is of course David Bowie.


Time - He's waiting in the wings
He speaks of senseless things
His script is you and me boys

Time - He flexes like a whore
Falls wanking to the floor
His trick is you and me, boy

Time - In Quaaludes and red wine
Demanding Billy Dolls
And other friends of mine
Take your time

The sniper in the brain, regurgitating drain
Incestuous and vain,
and many other last names
I look at my watch it say 9:25 and I think
"Oh God I'm still alive"

We should be on by now [x2]
La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la [repeat]

You - are not a victim
You - just scream with boredom
You - are not evicting time

Chimes - Goddamn, you're looking old
You'll freeze and catch a cold
'Cause you've left your coat behind
Take your time

Breaking up is hard, but keeping dark is hateful
I had so many dreams,
I had so many breakthroughs
But you, my love, were kind, but love has left you
dreamless
The door to dreams was closed.
Your park was real dreamless
Perhaps you're smiling now,
smiling through this darkness
But all I had to give was the guilt for dreaming

We should be on by now [x5]
La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la [repeat]

Yeah, time!




5 comments:

Paul said...

Janice, welcome back, I'm happy that you had a good time.
I enjoy David Bowie, he is certainly talented.
I was listening to him delivering this poem, enjoying it, I've heard it before.
Looking at him and thinking, he's to pretty for a boy yet not really girlish, then I think, I have it, he is truly androgynous.
Thank you.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Ollie said...

Hi, Janice, Welcome back.

I'd not seen this poem, but the last line chimed with me:

"But all I had to give was the guilt for dreaming"

sigh

Janice said...

Dear Paul,

Time is one of my all time favourites of his, a good tune and brilliant lyrics. I think you are right about Bowie, at least as Ziggy Stardust, that he is androgynous and that there is a kind of attraction in that. Not woman but not all man either.

Dear Ollie,

It does with me too. It was like it was about me. I wonder how many others feel this way.

Hugs

Janice

Anonymous said...

Dear Janice

Do forgive me for taking so long to comment as I haven't been around very much. Have missed you very much, hugs my friend.

I enjoyed this song and like the following words in particular.

Breaking up is hard, but keeping dark is hateful

A good song and great lyrics.

Hugs and thanks.
Mina

Janice said...

Dear Mina, that line really makes it for me too but then this song is full of those lines. Great tune too.

Hugs

Janice